Sunday, June 28, 2015

Grand Children Are a Gift...

I just spent a couple of weeks with my three grand daughters.  I love these girls!  They are each so unique and full of life and fun!

My oldest daughter has been most helpful - sending me lots of craft ideas that I could do with them during our time together (they love to create things.)
One of those ideas was fairy houses.

(via Etsy)


JoAnn's, Michael's, and even Walmart has some very inexpensive unfinished wood bird houses that were perfect for this project.

(via rockartist.hubpages.com)

(via inspirationgreen.com)
 We had so much fun - they mostly just painted theirs, but they had a great time anyway.









I have a tip now that I've done it once - if you're going to use pinecones for your shingles like in that center one - find pinecones that have been on the ground a while, and have started to decay a bit - otherwise, they are a bear to get to break apart!



Here's how mine turned out:



No comments:

Post a Comment