Tuesday, August 11, 2015

On Geezerhood...

I have a constant struggle with my husband because he refuses to admit that he is old.

I do not have such misgivings - I have considered myself an old woman since I was in my 20's.  (Long story)  Don't call me middle aged, because that is just a LIE.  I refuse to even entertain the notion that I will live to be 120!

I embrace my geezerhood, and am determined to take full advantage of it - senior citizen discounts?  Love it! - Handicapped parking? - Perfect!  I can say whatever I want, and I'm just considered colorful - I can wear what I want - fads mean nothing to me.  Do I look wrinkled and ugly to you? - Who cares, no one looks at me anymore anyway!

Am I over the hill - I sure hope so.  Have you ever been on a roller coaster?  The ride up is boring - the chugging and dragging and anxiety are unbearable - but when you get to the downward side - that's when all the fun happens!  

Who wants to deal with the agony of climbing to the top all of their lives?  Let's have some heart stopping, grin inducing action!  ...And if we slobber or wet ourselves on the way down - well, that's just one more thing to laugh about.


No comments:

Post a Comment