Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A Year of Cards

This past year, I was asked to make birthday cards for all the women in the ladies auxiliary of my church.  (LDS Relief Society)  It was a fun project.  I am pretty much home bound here, without a car to get around, so I haven't been able to be as active as I would like to have been.  Because of that, I wasn't able to get to know people as well as I would have liked.  By making their birthday cards, I felt that at least in some small way, I was able to have contact with every lady in the ward.

The cards only had a few requirements - they had to be flat, so they could be sent inexpensively, and simple so they wouldn't be costly.  Truth be told - I don't think I spent anything on any of them because I have so much paper etc. in my stash!



I made them in batches of 6, and I did about 2 batches per month, so that is a lot of cards!


















As you can see, I did keep them super simple - which was a trick for me, because I do love my embellishments :-)  In November, our ward boundaries changed, and my subdivision was shifted to a different one, but at least I was able to complete a full year.  I already miss doing it!

*Please check my other site - www.scrapworthy-arts.blogspot.com for my former creations.  (I can't remember my password, so I jumped ship...)

No comments:

Post a Comment