Friday, February 12, 2016

Be Mine...

Valentines is no fun these days with my family a whole state away, but I made Valentines anyway - call it force of habit or just a love of all things pink and pretty...


For this one, I wanted to mix the sparkly glitter (on the frame) with the shabby country look of the pillow ticking stripe.  I softened those with a grey floral and the background piece inside the frame that gently mixes all those colors.  I added the rose and the bow, and the pre-made heart garland finished it off.  My # 2 grand daughter would love this - she is all girl and loves anything with ribbons, sparkles, flowers and lace.


This second valentine was one of those experiments that you never know how it will turn out until it's done.  Lots of pattern mixing here - I added some rub-on stitching to make the edges more defined.  A button and a chipboard heart tie it all together.  My oldest gran would get this one - she's a little more tom boy and prefers things that are interesting and a little... crazy.



I made this one with my youngest grand-girlie in mind.  She's 8 years old and all girl - but she doesn't go anywhere without her pink cowgirl boots and hat.  This one is definitely girl, but countrified.
Grandpa gets to go see them at the end of the month, so I will send these up with a special treat.

Love my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment